1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer.
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered indirectly (e.g. using website technology).
3. Use of your information
3.1 We might use your information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; section 4 deals with this in more detail
(2) ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device
(3) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage
(4) assess and understand feedback and identify usage hotspots
4.1 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. For more information on how to control, delete and disable cookies, you may wish to visit ‘about cookies’ (http://aboutcookies.org/) which contains comprehensive information on how to manage cookies on a wide variety of browsers. Please note that managing cookies may affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
(1) keep an anonymous track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how people use the website.
(2) make our website work as efficiently as possible.
4.3 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
5. Changes to this Policy
5.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
6. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
6.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
Cookies used on our website are:
1.A session cookie set by the underlying Microsoft framework. It cannot personally identify users and is not stored on the user’s computer (it is lost when the browser window is closed). As it is a feature of the underlying (and standard) Microsoft ASP.NET framework that cannot easily be disabled it is usually considered as “required for the correct functioning of the website” (or similar wording) and not requiring of explicit consent.
- Performance cookies set by Google Analytics in order for you to track usage on the site (performance cookie).
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This helps us to make sure we are providing the right information in the right location on our site. The cookies used are:
Name: _utma Typical content: randomly generated number Expires: 2 years
Name: _utmb Typical content: randomly generated number Expires: 30 minutes
Name: _utmc Typical content: randomly generated number Expires: when user exits browser
Name: _utmz Typical content: randomly generated number + info on how the site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search) Expires: 6 months
By using our website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please go to Google’s opt out page.